Search This Blog

6.04.2007

colt 45 swims in the veins...

so as it turns out... tom was once formally known as "stang". we discovered this fact when we pulled into albany and were greeted by several of his cohorts and former associates from the days when he attended the university of albany. before i get to that though... kudos are due...

CANADA... OH, CANADA... I LOVE YOU! with a full (and heavy heart). toronto is, quite simply, a swell place... a vibin' town... a hood o' blue cool. i've made it to montreal once and it was equally fantastic - thus leading me to the final assumption that canada, in many regards, is were americans are destined to go when they die - realizing that america, again, in many regards, is kinda stupid sometimes... (cough, cough). thanks for the good turnout and show canada, titty driven, hal's ballroom and its fine employees. bless ya...

so, albany. didn't know what to expect from albany. as it turned out, we had to do battle with a hardcore show in the venue upstairs from our venue. i remember distinctly one of those "bellflur-esque" pause for thought moments in one of our songs, and then - BOOM! - the bass and drums from the hardcore show upstairs rattled my stomach and vomitted with its heaviness. no, actually that didn't happen. much respect to the hardcore kids... they're committed and driven! anyways, albany was awesome. every once in a while you have a show where everything just falls into place and it feels unstoppable. that was albany. great show, great people, great $2.00 schaeffers and so on. had a great time. and LunaSea, the words touch... oh yes they do... and to pat & pat, thanks for allowing both bands to crash at your place... its people like you that make these things flow more smoothly than they normally do.

and speaking of "both bands" - DELETED SCENES ARE THE BEST!!

we left albany this morning (actually now i guess it was yesterday morning) and drove through upstate new york and vermont to arrive in burlington. i think that may have been the most beautiful drive i've been on in these united states. burlington is a great place. smaller than i imagined... but fantastic none-the-less. and its nice and cool, which i dig. if you've seen me, you'll know i have my own personal insulation system, and cold weather definitely agrees with me. we played a shorter than normal show, but good regardless. not as killin' as albany, but good all the same. off to boston tomorrow. i'm sure we'll wake up feeling battered and bruised as always.

and now... my ode to coffee:

A CAFFINATED HAIKU:

Oh, Black cup of death...
drink the magic elixir
See you tomorrow!

-patrick
-------------------------------

thanks to all my friends who came out to the show last night. It was great to see all of you, i had an awesome time. Here are a few pictures..

-Tom (formally known as: Stang, The Stang, Stang-a-rang, Stang S. Stangerson & Stizzle)





1 comment:

  1. Hey guys!
    I'm so flattered you mentioned me!
    Anyhow, you know words can only say so much... not to say I didn't mean them, cuz I meant every one.
    I thought you should know, and this is odd behavior on my part - I haven't done this in years, but so far everyday I've been putting on Read.Walk.Take.Talk. I'm not afraid of growing an obsession ;)
    You know what though? I need to get my hands on prior recordings... who better to ask, than the sorce?
    Oh and Patrick its true, Bellflur *does* make me smile!

    Hope you're having fun out there in the world

    ReplyDelete