Search This Blog

5.31.2007

Road Stories



Hello everyone reading this,

We are on the road about half an hour from Detroit, and a few hours more from our third show on our tour. The first two have went swimmingly except for technical issues on my end. Now that I think of it, most of the "issues" we have had I have the pleasure of being the one responsible for. I will relate a story....

We decided to leave DC and drive right to Minneapolis without stopping to be able to spend all day roaming Minneapolis which is a fantastic city.

I was driving our van and was new to the gas mileage it received and thought that I had it all planned to reach our next gas station. Anyhow, as we were all heading down a nice long hill I felt the gas pedal no longer responding. This discovery led me to what became perhaps the worst 12 seconds of my life. The moment where I realized what I had done and was already living with not only the problem but the fact that I was the only one who knew what was going on. I was debating in my head how break the news with the least amount of shame while simultaneously trying to; A)Remain calm and not let on we were out of gas in traffic and, B)How to get us the hell out of harm's way while waiting for a miracle to get us the last little jaunt to the gas station.

I was able to make it over to the shoulder, without power steering, get out of the truck and explain to everyone that No, I did not miss an exit, but rather had stranded on of our 2 vehicles.

The shame. The shame.

And to top everything else, the van gently rolled up and stopped in front of the sign informing us we were less than 2 miles from the gas station.

Bill pointed out the extra irony of our situation which was that we were in a gas guzzling van stranded on a highway directly next to a series of sky-high windmills doing their job of making life better for all through clean fuel.

I will leave what is left of my self respect intact for now and not tell the next story. For now.

Be sure to stay tuned to see how that wascawy Carwos leads the team into harm's way again. Next episode: Border Crossing???

Carlos

No comments:

Post a Comment